Zie and zir
I've found that gender-neutral pronouns actually exist in the English language! This site gives some info. Apparently they are usually typed/read as sie and hir (he/she and him/her respectively), but some people have issues with them since they can mistakenly be heard as she and her. Therefore, some people recommend pronouncing/writing them as zie and zir. I like it. A quick search on the internet shows that the pronouns have been used on usenet and irc...I think I might try using them in #shyroom, so be advised :-P

3 Comments:
I zink zat zie iz out of zir mind.
By
William P, at 8/31/2004 12:19 PM
how are they pronounced?
By
Jamison, at 9/01/2004 7:43 PM
I think sie is pronounced like the letter c and hir is pretty phonetic. Zie and zir add a sort of "tz" sound to the front, according to the site where I heard about them :-)
By
kim, at 9/02/2004 9:47 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home