Life of Pi
So it looks like Life of Pi by Yann Martel shall be our book. :-)

Find in a library near you: http://tinyurl.com/pcyez (Seems to work best for USA and UK -- only lists 3 Australian libraries [really big ones -- I find it hard to believe only 3 libraries in the country have this book]).
I'm thinking it will be easier to just read everything and then discuss...do we want to give a month to read the book? Target end date being around June 20th - 25th so we have some time to find it?
We could discuss on irc (or here in the blog if we can't find a convenient time for the Aussies and other non-Americans).

Find in a library near you: http://tinyurl.com/pcyez (Seems to work best for USA and UK -- only lists 3 Australian libraries [really big ones -- I find it hard to believe only 3 libraries in the country have this book]).
I'm thinking it will be easier to just read everything and then discuss...do we want to give a month to read the book? Target end date being around June 20th - 25th so we have some time to find it?
We could discuss on irc (or here in the blog if we can't find a convenient time for the Aussies and other non-Americans).

9 Comments:
We only have 3 libraries in the country. The rest have been refitted to worship our sporting heroes, who are more inspiring than books could ever be ;-).
It seems to be a popular book with all copies out at the local library, but I'll try to get a hold of a copy. Might be good to advertise the books 1-2 months in advance, to give some flexibility in tracking them down and reading them. Any suggestions for the next book? ;-)
Might be good to setup a forum so we can have some structured discussions. *Looks hopefully in MrOwl's direction*.
By
mongoose, at 5/17/2006 8:06 PM
Hmmm...I know I'd like to read _Kite Runner_ at some point (http://tinyurl.com/j9c5p). That was another popular, book-clubish book. It's been out a while too (I don't know if there is a delay in publishing between countries like there is for movies?) Any other book suggestions?
Yeah, a forum would be nice, jess ;-) Threads would be so much easier in that format than in a blog.
By
kim, at 5/17/2006 8:45 PM
wait...didn't we have a forum way back when? for one of the meets? is that still around?
By
kim, at 5/17/2006 8:45 PM
I made a little forum thing like you asked :\ - hope it's ok. It's at http://insoul.net/bookclub :)
By
emiiko, at 5/19/2006 4:30 PM
jess/mrowl/rosyposyfrostyberry/yog/whateverhisnewnickis is the best! :-) It's even got a "book club" graphic. Very nice -- thanks!
By
kim, at 5/19/2006 6:24 PM
wow, that is seriously awesome. thanks for the info r1cg36, you're the best.
By
m, at 10/10/2006 8:25 PM
Yeah they're good blokes, those random-strings-of-alpha-numeric-characters people. They keep bombarding my spam folder with Circuit City cards. Unfortunately I can't spend my $10 million worth of store credit because I don't live in the US :/
By
yam, at 10/16/2006 9:25 AM
next book
By
Jamison, at 12/14/2006 9:07 PM
I might actually read this one day, as I now have an illegal ebook of it.
I'll tell you all what I think of it sometime in the next 6 months!
By
yam, at 7/17/2007 1:53 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home