shbloggin'

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Who knew people seriously studied blogs?

I've been inspired to post to shbloggin'. I have this assignment for a class where I have to read 10 articles from journals in the field of library science. They could have a unifying topic or not, it was up to me. I need to write a synthesis at the end, so I decided to pick articles around one topic so the writing of said synthesis would be easier and more coherent. Anyway, I chose to look at articles on blogging by librarians and in libraries. It's actually kind of interesting. One article I got is a research study done in 2003 that studied library blogs. Apparently public and university libraries are more likely to have blogs rather than other library types (special libraries, like medical and stuff). Also, a lot of librarians have personal blogs that pertain to the field, but not many libraries as organizations have blogs. A lot of the authors encourage the readers to read blogs for personal and professional current awareness and to incorporate blogs into library homepages to communicate news and information to patrons.

Hmmm, maybe I'll just cut and paste some of this into the eventual project. Sorry to be boring. I just figured I should blog about my reading about blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home