What's on my shopping list ?
Only just remembered that this blog exists :D Seems to have suffered from a drought of entries, although I'm sure an addition by me won't excite too many people ^_^
Yesterday nothing happened. I went shopping and spent around £11 on food. I still need to buy some other things. I need to get a measuring jug, some cooking oil and some more scones. I am thinking of buying some cream too so I could have a cream tea. But I would then need to buy a whisk so I could whisk it up.
I've had bangers and mash two days in a row. Sainsbury's sell the most yummy chipolatas for £2.08 (currently). They are in their "taste the difference range" and I can indeed taste the difference between them and the regular sausages I have eaten in the past which were really rubbery and just generally horrible. I guess it is kind of true about you get what you pay for when it comes to meat.
Baked beans and spaghetti hoops are a different matter entirely. The own brand supermarket ones are just as nice as the branded Heinz or whatever, and they are twice as cheap. I think many are made by the companies which also sell the branded products anyway, just with cheaper ingredients perhaps.
That's another thing I need to buy - cornflakes.
Yesterday nothing happened. I went shopping and spent around £11 on food. I still need to buy some other things. I need to get a measuring jug, some cooking oil and some more scones. I am thinking of buying some cream too so I could have a cream tea. But I would then need to buy a whisk so I could whisk it up.
I've had bangers and mash two days in a row. Sainsbury's sell the most yummy chipolatas for £2.08 (currently). They are in their "taste the difference range" and I can indeed taste the difference between them and the regular sausages I have eaten in the past which were really rubbery and just generally horrible. I guess it is kind of true about you get what you pay for when it comes to meat.
Baked beans and spaghetti hoops are a different matter entirely. The own brand supermarket ones are just as nice as the branded Heinz or whatever, and they are twice as cheap. I think many are made by the companies which also sell the branded products anyway, just with cheaper ingredients perhaps.
That's another thing I need to buy - cornflakes.

1 Comments:
I remember when Aldi had 10p cans of baked beans and Kwik-Save had loaves of bread for something like 7p...
By
yam, at 11/23/2004 11:45 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home